Thursday, November 8, 2012

Making Mini Books


Anna is really into storytelling right now and is starting to make up her own stories.  Most of her stories closely follow other stories that we have read or she has heard....and most of them are about Dora, the Snow Princess or Mariana the Mermaid (all from Dora books).

I want to continue to encourage her storytelling so I put together these little mini books following this simple tutorial from Playful Learning.  


After the books were assembled, I invited Anna over to make up some stories with me.  We talked about how stories have a beginning, middle and end and we talked about some of her favorite stories.  Of course, all the Dora stories were the top of her list so she told me a few stories and I wrote them down for her.


She wanted her little books to have a picture on the front so we looked online and I printed off several pictures that correlated with her stories.


Below is the story of Dora and Mariana the Mermaid.




Anna carries these books with her everywhere and reads them to anyone who will listen.  She's quite proud of her books and I love that she loves them.  We will definitely be making many more!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! I love that she is so into making and telling stories. And how wonderful of you to encourage her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...