Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rainbow Rice Fun


Like most toddlers and preschoolers, my kids love playing with anything that can be poured, scooped or shoveled (beans, rice, pasta).  So the other day, I decided to make a super large batch of rainbow rice and rainbow pasta.


I added some shovels, rakes, watering cans, bowls and little cups and let them have some fun.


I used the neon food coloring drops and the colors turned out so beautiful and so vibrant!


I also added some rainbow pasta too, but I think they really just loved playing with the rice.





Lots of scooping, pouring and shoveling for sure!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty to look at!! This is going to sound dumb but can you explain exactly how to you dyed the rice? With food coloring in a bit of water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me how to make it!I love the idea of the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To die the rice, I just split my rice into several different zip loc bags, added a few squirts of my food coloring and then added about 1-2 tbsp of rubbing alcohol. I mixed it around and let it sit for about 15 minutes and then dumped it onto cookie sheets to dry. The alcohol dries the rice pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...