Thursday, January 26, 2012

Read with Me: Corduroy

We all read lots of books at our house.  I love when I find Sweet Girl all curled up surrounded by books.  Last week we read Goodnight Moon and did some activities focused on the book and letter M.  Sweet Girl really loved doing all the fun things and asked to play with all things we made several times throughout the week.  So...I ran with that and am trying to incorporate more of these reading activities into our daily routine.

This week has been all about Corduroy.  This is such a cute, sweet story and I really love reading to her.



To go along with the book we did several of the activities found at Homeschool Creations.






I also brought out our buttons and Sweet Girl worked on some shadow matching, matching, color sorting and counting.







We finished off our day with a little "bear game".  These little guys are definitely a favorite in our house...especially the purple ones.
(click here to be taken to this printable)



2 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm going to use it with my speech kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your activities. The button shape matching is a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...