Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toddler Art - Contact Paper and Watercolors




Sweet Girl wanted to play around with our liquid watercolor paints the other day so I perused one of my favorite blogs, The Artful Parent, for a fun activity.  Since Sweet Girl isn't able to cut contact paper yet, I cut out different shapes for us and then laid out our watercolor paper and watercolors.



While she was removing the paper backing from the contact paper, we talked about what shape the pieces were, if they were big or little, etc.


Then she used several different types of brushes to apply the liquid watercolors.  She was quite facinated by how the color would only stay on the paper. 


(Couldn't let go of baby long enough to paint, huh?)


Once they dried, I peeled away the contact paper.  It didn't come off as easily as I had anticipated....probably because our paper was pretty saturated, but oh well!!  It was a fun little learning activity!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea. I love finding others who have toddlers too.. sometimes it's hard to find good project for that age group. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...