Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Toddler Art: Painting on Canvas

Michael's had some large canvases on sale (2 for $5) a few weeks ago so I picked up some to use for some simple art activities.  Sweet Girl loves to paint, but has never painted on canvas before! 



She had such a fun time painting and made a couple of beautiful masterpieces. 


We did the majority of the painting outside since I knew it would end up pretty messy.  I loved to watch her explore with the paint.  First she began the typical way of painting, then moved into splattering the paint around on the canvases, followed by finger painting and then eventually body painting.

Luckily, she also enjoyed cleaning up herself and our deck!  It turned out to be quiet a fun little afternoon and kept her occupied for over an hour (which I think is a world-record for toddlers!!).




And now we have some super colorful art in our kitchen!!  Don't you just love toddler art???

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I'm in the process of re-decorating my boys' room and I can't wait to have them make their own art to display just like this!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. I LOVE YOUR BLOG and can't wait to read more of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...